Online Managing Workplace Stress Training Course
Managing Workplace Stress
Did you know that work is the biggest source of stress for American adults? Consider these facts:
- In recent surveys, 36% of respondents reported experiencing work stress on a regular basis.
- Employees report many non-monetary stressors — lack of opportunities for growth and advancement (43%), heavy workload (43%), unrealistic job expectations (40%) and long hours (39%).
- Only 52% feel valued on the job, while 57% feel that they receive inadequate non-monetary rewards and recognition for their contributions at work.
Online Managing Workplace Stress Training Course Summary
This course is intended to help employees recognize the outer and inner sources of job stress, and to provide strategies that they can implement immediately to prevent job burnout. The topics covered in the course include —
- Typical sources of workplace stress
- What is stress?
- Dealing with burnout
- Managing unavoidable stress
- Avoiding avoidable stress
- Creating a healthier workspace
- Balancing work and home life
The course was developed and is narrated by Ruth Luban, MSW, author of Are You a Corporate Refugee? and Burnout and a psychotherapist with extensive experience developing programs for people facing issues related to stress in the workplace.